Our school believes that Play is fundamentally important to all our children. In October 2018 we embarked on a programme called OPAL ‘Outdoor Play and Learning’ and over the following 18 months will are looking to develop both our outdoor space and the play opportunities we offer.
To lead these developments we have a Play Team:
- George Samios (Headteacher)
- Hannah Scott (3E1 TISN Curriculum Teacher Lead for Play Role Description)
- Emily Paterson-Russell (Outdoor Play Co-ordinator)
- Karen Wood (Friends of Twerton & Groundswoman)
- Rhiannon Sheerman (OPAL Governor)
- Neville Fry (Caretaker)
As part of the consultation process for this we are listening to all those involved; children, teachers, parents and our Governing body.
We are really enjoying the different play that is taking place across the school with children of all ages alongside one another: YouTube Video of Our Play.